Help Us Save the WarriorsFlag Day is one of those unsung patriotic holidays. July 4th, Memorial Day and Veterans’ Day rightly get most of the fireworks and celebrations. Really, just think about Old Glory, that universal symbol of the good ole U.S.A. It’s the subject of our National Anthem. It’s what we pledge allegiance to. It’s even a fashion statement.
There are undoubtedly few other professions as noble as that of a soldier, first responder or member of law enforcement. To choose a profession that puts oneself in harm’s way to protect a nation of free citizens or rescue those citizens from dangerous situations is truly the ultimate sacrifice.
The brave men and women who have given their lives to protect and serve our great nation are rightly commemorated. There is, however, also a group of military, law enforcement and rescue personnel who have returned from the battles foreign and domestic and suffered both physically and emotionally.
- 22 warriors are lost each day.
- Another warrior is lost every 65 minutes.
- 8,000 warriors are lost each year.
- 150,000 Vietnam veterans have been lost since coming home and 530,000 have sought treatments for Post Traumatic Stress.
- 800,000 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress right now.